Try this recipe out! Mike and I found it while we were looking for low carb recipes and will use it forever.
Chicken Casserole Verde
4 cups cooked chicken -- shredded or cubed
2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon minced green onions
Can of green enchilada sauce
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped (this is just to sprinkle on top)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees while you grease a full size baking pan and put the chicken in it.
2. Add the taco seasoning and mix the chicken around in it to coat.
3. Mix cream cheese with the onions/chives and green sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in the chiles.
4. Pour sauce evenly over chicken and top with the cheese.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions.
Makes 6-8 servings.
The original recipe poster was kind enough to include this:
Per 1/6 recipe: 432 Calories; 29g Fat; 38g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 recipe: 324 Calories; 22g Fat; 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs