Saturday, February 14, 2009

GOOD MORNING!


I have been scolded enough into posting! Apparently people actually come to this page to R E A D it...who knew? I have been updating Noah's page much more frequently (www.noahzirraadventures.blogspot.com) and not so much this page. I just realized though that I have not updated this since December. A lot has happened since then. We traveled to Fort Meade, MD and went and saw Washington, D.C. and we had a great time with Mike's parents for Christmas! We came back and Noah has now celebrated his very first birthday! Hard to believe that he is actually a year old, that a year ago I gave birth to him and just how grown up he already is. Everyone always says to cherish the moments because they go so fast, and I feel I have cherished the moments and it has still gone fast!!!

You may be asking, well April ... enough about that, but what is your update?! Well, I think being a mom keeps you very busy and other than truly enjoying my time with Noah there is no big update. :) I would however say that I have been a little annoyed at people in general these days and the lack of respect that people have for each other. I have been annoyed that at 32 (yes, I turned one year older) I still have to play childish high school games with people to even get along. I have been on this kick where I have felt like it was ridiculous that I should have to even cater to the emotional insecurities of other people. Then, this last Wednesday at church we ran across I Corinthians 13. It is a chapter on Charity. Most of the newer versions of the Bible have changed the word to "love" rather than as it was truly translated in the King James Version as Charity. Charity is by definition "love in action." After reading that I am reminded that no matter the circumstances, emotional states, age differences, and general frustrations of others I am to be charitable. I don't always have to like everyone, but I am commanded to love them as a person, and to love them would mean that I also act in a kind and loving manner. So, if you all must know I am trying to put aside my instant human reaction to just say to everyone, "Grow Up!" and I am trying to live the right and be a loving, kind and charitable person. The person that I have always thought I was and should be, but have been struggling with as of late.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY everyone and remember that it isn't only enough to love but also to show that love through your actions.

1 comment:

dani said...

hey! welcome back! :)