Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rain is respite from a long week...

This morning I woke up to the sound of rain falling (and a squirmy little baby boy in my arms.) There isn't anything quite so comforting as rain to me. Rain inspires, rain creates, rain cleanses, rain refreshes, the sounds of rain tickle every sense. With the front door open I hear cars driving through rain saturated streets and their tires gently splash through puddles. With the kitchen window open I hear the rain falling through the leaves of the apple tree and dripping off the corner of the house. I drove to Fred Meyer this morning because the hubby hadn't let me know we were out of coffee ... much needed coffee to a mom. If we are grinding our coffee at home we really only enjoy Peet's coffee and the only place that sells it is Fred Meyer. I get off track here...the point is that I was out early in the rain, I was in the car that splashed through the puddles. I walked in the drizzle that was at the time and felt the cooling touch. When I came out of Fred Meyer it was coming down so lightly, yet thick so there was this fuzzy, foggy, rain look. I walked out feeling like it was the mornings of my honeymoon in Oregon on the coast. It was this time of year and it rained most of our honeymoon. Our condo was right on the beach and the fog would roll in with drizzling rain and Mike and I would take walks along the beach getting soaked from the rain and from the surf below us. I could keep typing but the baby is now getting a little frustrated with his french toast sticks.

2 comments:

Shaun Heier said...

a very warm welcome to the world of blogs - shaun started this one and i took over. and i absolutely love this weather as well!

dani said...

yay for the weed family blog! noah is ADORABLE! :) i'm a rain fan myself... if only we had a rainy season here... *sigh*